Richard Samson is a Product Designer at JD Lab. He is a 300l student of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State. He started out as a Graphics Designer in 2016 after he graduated from secondary school.
He decided to upskill and add to his skill-set in 2020 by taking a Product Design course. After taking the course, he felt the need to take on challenging projects, and what better way to go about this than to apply for an internship. This was what led him to JD Lab where he specializes in designing user interfaces for digital products. He doesn’t restrict himself to design.
The blend of design, user experience are his strongest areas.
Ever since joining JD Lab, Richard has had the opportunity to work on big projects and this aided his growth as a Product Designer.
Projects / Experience
• Product Designer at JD Lab – 2021 till date.
• Creative Lead at Evales Branding Agency – 2017 till date
• Creative Lead for 2021 Ager Award and SLM award night.
– User Research
– UI/UX Design
– Creative thinking
– Wireframing and Prototyping
– Technical knowledge balanced with – creative ability and a hands-on approach.
– Visual and spatial awareness.
– Commercial awareness.
– Knowledge of industrial processes, – techniques, and standards.
– Communication and customer service skills.
– Ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines.
– Team player.
– Determination to achieve an end result, and optimism and enthusiasm when things don’t go to plan.