How have you been? We would like to welcome you to our first newsletter of the year 2022.
First, we trust that you are having a prosperous year so far. Did you watch our end of the year video newsletter we shared in December? If you missed that, no worries, you could still re-watch it here. On our end, we have been having an activity-filled first quarter and like our tradition, we will be updating you on what we have been up to at the Lab.
General and Operational Updates
- On the human resource end, we had four new members join us at the Lab, Aisha Atanda – Fesogun as our Programs and partnership manager, Abdullahi Muhammad as a Web developer, Joseph Akinwole as a Frontend developer and Louis Agbenyo for Finance and Human resources. We also had an extensive onboarding session for all team members for two weeks in January, this is to enable the team to understand the company culture. We have adopted Objective Key Results (OKRs) to track progress across teams, this is to ensure that we are providing you with innovative solutions in the most professional and efficient way possible.
- Health Insurance and a pension plan have also been made available for the team, we prioritize the financial security and well-being of our members at the Lab. We hope that this boosts our efficiency and satisfies some essential needs.
- Our annual photoshoot also took place, you will be seeing some new pictures of us at the Lab.
- On January 26th, 2022, the 300 level students of the Geography department in Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai (IBBUL) visited the lab on a field trip. Our founder and technical team enlightened the students on the numerous applications of Technology in the field of geography, we hope that this encourages more students to generate interest in Tech. We also had a similar industry visit from Lapai Innovation Hub; an organization aimed at empowering youth in Lapai, this is a great initiative to promote collaboration and encourage progress.
Product Based Updates
- For our School portal solution (JSP), a new version is in the development stage and will be deployed before the end of the Second quarter. This version has several modules including; Hostel portal, Identity card portal and a result computation portal that can be either deployed separately or together for tertiary institutions. We are also working on our basic school solution (EDUSPARK), this is an exciting project that has the potential to modernize the activities of basic education in Nigeria. So if you are an administrator in any tertiary or basic schools and would like to know more about our school portal systems, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the area of Human Capital development, JD LAB academy has been activity-filled, you probably heard a radio jingle for our January classes on some stations in Minna. Registration for our April classes is ongoing, so if you are interested in learning Backend development, Mobile App Development, Database Design and management, UI/UX design, you can sign up here. We also have an ongoing SIWES Cohort that started in January and ends in June, this Cohort had an extensive onboarding session for three days before selecting the track they are currently on. At the Lab, we believe that understanding the culture and comprehensive information will help the trainees make informed choices on their track of study. We have some exciting new programs coming up, follow all our social media handles to get more information.
- The LabSpace is coming, the collaborative workspace & innovation Hub we have been talking about since last year is finally getting launched in May, so if you are a freelancer, remote worker, an entrepreneur or a student looking for a conducive workspace with unlimited internet, electricity and amazing perks like networking, mentorship, legal advice, impactful programs and many more, The LabSpace is for you. If you have any questions, enquiries or partnership proposals, please send us a mail at email@example.com. This is an opportunity to network that you do not want to miss.
- On this note, we are announcing that we would be pausing our automated website solution -Netbuildr. This was not an easy decision, Netbuildr is a project that is very dear to us and we are looking forward to when we can rebuild the next MVP version. Nevertheless, we are assuring all our existing customers that we will still render our services to them as usual, we are just not taking on new orders until the third quarter in 2022. We would be focusing our resources on our EduTech solutions for now.
“It’s marvellous the change that comes when a man gets together all his forces and centres them upon the doing of one thing at a time.” – George Matthew Adams.
We have come to the end of our newsletter for this quarter. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your feedback on our mail firstname.lastname@example.org or on social media. Our social media handles remain JD LAB on Facebook and LinkedIn, and @jdlabng on Twitter and Instagram. Please send us messages, like and comment on our posts, we always like hearing from you.
Until Next Time.
From People of the LAB.