You have to perform at a
consistently higher level than others. That’s the mark of a true professional.”
You must have heard people list some steps to take to achieve great success such as;
- Follow your purpose
- Do what you love
- Personal development, etc
They are all correct. When you decide to embark on a journey, you need a car, cash, snacks/food etc, likewise achieving a goal, you will need more than a dream, cash, focus, hard work and the list is endless, but they are all needed to ensure success.
Funny thing, you might likely need all of them on your way up.
One of the strategies of achieving long-term greatness in whatever you chose to do, business, health, body, relationships, and spirituality is “consistency”.
Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently.
WHY DEVELOP CONSISTENCY?
Consistency is a necessity because:
- Consistency allows for measurement- What you consistently do can be measured, not just by you but by people around you.
You must have heard people say a drug lord will either die by the gun or sit in prison. They gave their judgment based on what he has been doing over time- they may be wrong but in our world, his present will be used to measure his future. How productive will you be in the future?
- Consistency creates stability and certainty- “You are what you do consistently” is a famous quote which is true.
- Consistency creates identity-
3. Consistency breeds trust and more job opportunity – clients are always in search of trusted business owners who chose quality over quantity and delivers at the right time. Consistent employees are also dependable, most loved, and appreciated.
WAYS TO DEVELOP CONSISTENCY
- Doing what should be done even when you don’t feel like doing it. Another word for Self-discipline is Self-control, having the ability to control yourself, your actions, and your reactions.
- Schedule time to accomplish the task and never skip a day- This will someday grow into a habit
- Focus– In the movie Focus, you might see a con artist, really good at what he does but one thing I saw was the power of Focus and ultimately the pain of losing focus while trying to achieve your goal.
It might get boring just focusing on a particular goal, you might get tempted to dive into something new but like Jordin Sparks you need to take one step at a time. Focus is essential: focus + self-discipline= consistency
4. The process matters- What you do every day matters more than what you plan to accomplish.
IF YOU ARE PERSISTENT YOU WILL GET IT, IF YOU ARE CONSISTENT YOU WILL KEEP IT”
Thanks for reading! If you like this article please like, comment and share.